Soft Passion Cake Tutti Frutti with Curry Ice-cream
Passion cake: Passion fruit juice: 80g / Fresh cream: 120g / Eggs: 2 / Sugar: 30g / Flour: 40g / Butter: 80g.
Curry Ice-cream: Egg yolks: 8 / Milk: 500g / Sugar: 500g / Icing sugar: 50g / Whipping cream: 500g / Curry powder: 50g.
Decoration: Lemongrass stick / Turmeric power / Diced fruit.
- Melt the butter in a bain-marie.
- Whip the fresh cream.
- Beat the eggs with sugar, flour, butter and passion fruit. Add whipped cream and 80 g of diced fruit. Mix.
- Pour into 4 moulds. Cook in the oven for 15-20 minutes at 180-200ºC
- Turn the cakes out of the moulds, put diced fruit around the cakes then 1 scoop of curry ice-cream on top.
- Decorate with lemongrass and curry powder.
- Mix the sugar and icing sugar (1)
- Add the stabilizer to the milk then bring to the boil. (2)
- Pour (2) slowly into (1) and mix everything together.
- Cook over a low heat (proceed as for custard).
- Let cool, add curry powder and turn into an ice-cream machine.